Thursday, July 25, 2013

New beginnings

The reality of this move has really begun to sink in these last few days.  This has brought many tears on my part and I am trying to remember how wonderful these next few years could be.

I am tired but I can say today was a good day!  In drivers training here in Japan they really put the fear into you.  They really make you never want to leave the base.  The fear of accidents, astronomical parking tickets, traffic and liability is definetely driven home.  Though I have been off base several times, today was the first time I drove, with my four kids, alone and determined I had better get used to this because Kyoto, Hiroshima, and Kobe weren't coming to me....I was going to them.   Honestly?   Not easy, but hardly undoable and tomorrow we are going back out again!!!

We have moved into our new house, so we are starting to feel settled in that way, made our way to meeting ( or church) in Tokyo ( a wonderful time, and a true cultural experience!), signed up for school, and are starting to make friends on the base.   At the market today I picked up some wonderful shark and the kids LOVED it!  The fish here is amazing and I plan on taking full advantage of that!

No question about it, looking forward to a new day tomorrow....


1 comment: