Sunday, May 18, 2014

Audrey turns 4

My baby is growing up.  I have been dreading this birthday as much, if possible, as she was anticipating it.  Audrey is 4.  She is a fiercely independent girl, but still loves to snuggle in, and be carried about if the mood fancies her.  She informed me just today she is now too big to ride in the front of the grocery cart, and a part of me cried.  This is going way too quickly.



We had bug decorated cupcakes, as was requested by my birthday girl.
Note her pigtails.  Every morning she requests pigtails with braids.  They are looking rather sad by this point of the day, but classic Audrey.


Here is Audreys special birthday at school with the other children who have had birthdays in April/May
It was very cute, and very different from an American party.  The teachers performed skits and sang.  
I did not understand a word of it....!


School buses in Japan are often decorated with everything from Thomas the train to Hello Kitty.
Audrey goes to one of the very few Christian schools in Japan, so hers has a shepherd leading the sheep...which she loves.


Each class outside wears a different color hat.  Audrey wears yellow...


Hamura Zenrin School


Look familiar Honor?


When I asked her teacher how Audrey was doing she said one phrase "Audrey is wild!"
When I enquired, it was her constant climbing, leaping, and fearlessness which caused this comment.


Shoes off!


With her wonderful teacher.  I still can not pronounce her name!

We now have all had a birthday in Japan.  


No comments:

Post a Comment