Sunday, June 15, 2014

School's out!

Another school year has evaporated into thin air it seems.  But I am not sad, I love having my children home with me all summer and I look forward to it as soon as school resumes in the fall.  Its been a interesting year.  We have had many ups and downs, tears and trials, friendships made, and without doubt we all learned alot.
Molly had a wonderful year in kindergarten, her teacher Mrs. Fitzpatrick, was exceptional.  Molly wept when her husband was moved to Georgia at the end of May and a new teacher finished out the year.

On her last day

Stanley grew up alot this past year.  He really thrived with Mr. Delacensarie as his teacher.  They did countless science experiments, dissected a squid and a fish, and I was really impressed with what they did in science and math in first grade no less.  Mr. D spent most recesses and lunch playing football with the boys, and Stanley has decided no more female teachers for him.


Tommy's teacher left before I was able to get a picture of them together.  It was a tough year, and perhaps that speaks for itself.  


Tommy's happy


 Last day of school, Molly is in pyjamas because, well, it was pyjama day

Japans version of Sweet Frog, Lemsons for a end of year treat.

Audrey was in school for all this.  On Saturday though, her school hosted a sports day.  These are pretty big deals at the schools here, and the entire family is expected to attend.  It felt like a Sunday school picnic, and was alot of fun.

 Playing with friends.  Each class has a different color hat


 My little monkey

 The Japanese love their cameras

The parents happily participated


 Like I said it very much felt like a Sunday school picnic...but I was very impressed with how involved each parent was.  A very cultural experience though.

The treats were alot of either green tea or tuna flavored snacks.  Audrey loved them, Molly gagged.  The boys liked them pretty well.   

No question we are on a Japanese adventure!

2 comments:

  1. The hat idea is such a great one! It would be so useful on field trips. I agree wholeheartedly with Stanley. I wish there were more men teachers all the time. Maybe Tommy will get one next year and that will make a difference. I am celebrating being done with school this week as well. Finally!

    ReplyDelete