Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fujiten


January 1.  Wow where did the year go?  Have we really been here six months already?  Since day 1 our children have wanted to get a chance to go up Mount Fuji.  The iconic volcano is really spectacular from here on base, especially on clear days and when I told them that today we were going sledding on her they were SO excited.  Its a little bit of a trek for sledding, some 90 minutes, but the kids were ready, and we were as well to have some fun in the white stuff!

When I looked at the sledding hill I thought it looked rather small for what I was expecting.  But I was wrong, that hill was actually excellent.  The best part I think, was the moving sidewalk to bring you up the hill again.  No whining about tired legs on this day!

                                                                 Happy Girl!

                                                                         Loving it


No walking this time!

 
And I got to ski!  For the first time in almost 12 years.  It was heavenly.  I had honestly forgotten how much I loved it.  The hill wasn't nearly as good as I have heard many of the resorts are, but for those of you familiar with Wentworth, I would say it is similar in height and difficulty.  The conditions were perfect, and it was without doubt the highlight of my day.

                                                  At the base, family shot.

Siblings



No comments:

Post a Comment