Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hinohara

I love Tokyo.  I really do.  It is a shockingly fascinating city that I think will never cease to amaze me.  However, nothing makes me happier than finding a great place to enjoy the natural beauty of Japan close to where we live.  We recently hiked, or rather, took a relaxing stroll through the woods to a waterfall and gorge very close to the base a few days ago to try and escape the suffocating heat that has been enveloping us all.  It reminded me of Nova Scotia alot, and even Tommy commented as such.


on their way...


there were lots of little waterfalls along the way


wading...


Hinohara falls...
maybe 60 feet tall?





on their way to the gorge..


this place was awesome!  the boys wanted to play Indiana Jones for hours



holding on!







We have found our new favorite swimming hole in this gorge.  We loved it!
This place was made for boys, and fearless little girls!

1 comment: