Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Back to School happenings

The kids are back to school.  I dread it every year, and every year I wonder why on earth I don't just home school.  But then I remember awfully quickly my lack of patience, and I am at peace with it.  They were very excited to go back, Tommy was nervous about who would be in his class and how he would like his teacher, but everyone came home happy and smiling and with one week under our belt all seems to be going well.


Off they go


Siblings


1rst grader


4th grader


2nd grader


I just had to include this photo of this sumo wrestler we met the day before school started while out for last minute supplies.  He was signing autographs with another wrestler and was kind enough to pose with the boys.

After I sent the oldest three off to school I had to take Audrey to the dentist because she had been complaining to us that her front tooth was bothering her for several days.  Reluctantly we headed off and my fears were confirmed that the tooth she had hurt in a fall a couple years ago needed to come out.  I knew this would alter her appearance drastically, my baby is growing up.


One last glimpse...



Ready to do it!


That night, at bedtime, she lifted up her pillow to reveal to us a tiny pink treasure chest which the dentist gave her.  She rattled the tooth inside a bit before carefully opening the chest to reveal its contents.  "See?"  She mournfully said.  "It died."





1 comment:

  1. Have you ever been to a sumo wrestling match? Our Audrey wants to know. We watched 2 on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete