Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sisters fun

Can they come back now?  Audrey keeps asking me this question, and it hurts to have to tell her that Aunt Coralie and Aunt Bethany probably won't be coming back anytime soon.  It was so so good to have them, it was perfect timing in so many ways, and am beyond thrilled they came.

here are some of the highlights of their trip...


We went to the Grand Sumo Tournament the day after they arrived, a true Japanese experience, it was like no other sporting event in the world I am sure.


my new friend


Angry bird dressed as a sumo wrestler.

Bungee Jumping!








A true bonding experience, my spirit truly melted within me as I was standing on that platform.
Was it fun ?  Yes, 
Would I do it again....hmmmm

Canyoning in Minakami




Stayed overnight in a Japanese Ryoken with some very authentic japanese food, and soaked in some amazing onsen...






breakfast of champions




I am getting rather fond of the Japanese onsens, even the naked part of it.

This place was absolutely stunning





From the time you arrive, until the time you leave all you wear is your yukata.   And wooden sandals


Miss them!



Tokyo selfie



Showa park poppies


Cramming in a cab


Lunch with owls anyone?








Mount Fuji Fifth Station


eating surprisingly good, Fuji cakes...on Mt Fuji



High ropes adventurers















Beautiful shrine at the base of Mt. Fuji


It was whirlwind trip, with some fantastic memories for me...It was just what I needed to help me through the next few weeks...








1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how much you all look alike. Let's go to the ryokan sometime!

    ReplyDelete