Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer days

I have been dreading the return of the school year with every fiber of my being.  As these summer days wind down I want to make every day together with my kids extra special.  Yet, I know just doing the simple things with them, talking, laughing and spending time together is really what counts.  This week had a bit of everything.  Maybe that is my favorite.  Several days we relaxed at the pool, but we also spent time at some parks we had been to before with friends.






Most of you have heard of my ill fated trip to the Nippara Caverns so I shall not bore you with that.  I do plan on going back this week with a working camera and hopefully it goes a little better.
Today the kids and I, along with a friend I have spent a lot of time with recently Jenny, made our way downtown together to Tokyo Skytree and Sumida Aquarium.  I have been incredibly nervous about tackling this train/subway system.  We go to meeting every Sunday on it, and always seem to do something wrong on our transfers.  It is huge, busy, with multiple companies doing different routes that all come together in this crazy system that is very impressive with its speed, efficiency, and overall layout, if you can figure it out!  Well today I did!  Jenny and I have never done the trains together ( in fact she had never been on it yet, she's new too) and I felt extra pressure leading the way with her 3 kids as well.  It went without a hitch.  This is a feat I am so proud of!  I can do this!  Yay!  In rush hour no less on the return!!!









The Skytree was pretty cool.  It opened last year and is the tallest building in the world.  Surpassing the one in Dubai.  The boys loved it of course, and I have to say the 'local fish' section in the aquarium was a bit more impressive than Ohio's.  I now feel I can get into Tokyo with confidence so we'll be back!


Tokyo Assembly

On Saturday we invited our friends over from meeting for a traditional American meal.  They are wonderful people, and we are so thankful for them.

Standard fare at fellowship tea
Yesterday was fellowship tea which is always sushi...this is not rolls as I know it and can stomach.  We get it down, but it's an experience to say the least.

This is my last week before school begins...planning on enjoying it!

2 comments:

  1. i finally found this blog and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. i am also totally impressed by your train ride into the city! we are praying for all of you regularly. keep up the blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. Suzanne sent me the link. Agree with Karin about the train ride!!!

    ReplyDelete