Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Chureito Pagoda

Last Friday I went with my good friend Jamie to the much photographed Chureito Pagoda about an hour from base.  I could hardly bear the thought of going alone without my little Audrey, so I pulled Molly from school and had her come with us.  She unfortunately, hardly thought it worth visiting, but I was just glad to have a little hand to hold.

This Pagoda is in many photos with Mount Fuji in the distance framed by either cherry blossoms or autumn reds.  We were hoping for a good clear view of Fuji when we went, and this is what we saw.



If you look closely, and I mean closely...you can see a faint outline of her on the left.
We were very disappointed, but the cherry blossoms were beautiful at the higher elevation.


See, and this is what we were supposed to see!   Beautiful eh?


This is boring mom!


At the entrance, before the long walk up


There was a class trip here that day.  Here they are washing before going to pray at the shrine.


Saying their prayers to the gods.  They teach them young.
I always find this so sad.

Jamie and I had a fun day, as we always do, but I think we will have to come back to see the full effect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment